Leonardo"s Notebook by Mattheus Mei

I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Obama the healer

In a previous post I mentioned how some Obama supporter's artwork reminded me of iconography. Well today Gashwin has a link to a story in "The Lark," as J pointed out much to my blond rooted surprise - it's a farcical paper like the Onion.

AUSTIN — Ginny McCallum, 43, who has been confined to a wheelchair for much of her adult life, came to hear presidential candidate Barack Obama speak at the University of Texas. Afterward she found herself in a wheelchair access breezeway as Obama and his entourage exited the arena. The candidate spotted her, came over, grabbed her hand and pulled her up. She found herself standing for the first time in eleven years.
"He smiled at me and said, ‘Yes, you can,’" she says. "I was so stunned I didn’t know what to do."

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: