Leonardo"s Notebook by Mattheus Mei

I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Balsamic Basil Mayonnaise

photo from Aarn!'s füd


I like Mayo, i put it on pretty much everything I eat. So when a friend came back from Europe recently and told me about the delicious spread she had whilst in Paris that she initially thought was butter but found out was mayo -- I was intrigued.

I have no idea what was in the mayo she ate, but I have no doubt that it was delicious. So after mulling it over, I decided I'd give it a go and make some of my own.

I found a recipe from Alton Brown at food network but like my Chicken Salad creation a few weeks back I didn't have everything that was needed. So here's my recipe! If you try it, I hope you enjoy it.

Ingredients

Fresh basil, rosemary, roasted garlic, 1 tblspn balsamic vinegar, 1 cu. olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 2 pinches of sugar, 2 teaspoons real lemon juice and 1 egg yolk.

And then follow the directions as pressented on the food network link. It'll keep for a week. And the taste -- delicious. Bon appetit!

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: