Leonardo"s Notebook by Mattheus Mei

I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Russian Iconography

I'm in DC on vacation, been having a great time with friends, have eaten at some really cool restaurants for breakfast and dinner. I've visited monuments, memories, and the monoliths of American political power, and today I had the opportunity to head to the Eastern Market with some friends, where I purchased these two original Russian Icons.
Our Lady of Tenderness

Sts Peter and Paul
The cell phone camera does them no justice.
They're original Icon paintings, so they're not on gold leaf, and I got them for a steal. Speaking of stolen, if you've been following my tweets, I lost one of my credit cards after breakfast this morning, and have spoken with the credit card company - thanks Gashwin - and the card has been cancelled. Thankfully no additional purchases have been made.
This evening is a barbecue and tomorrow is the Novus Ordo followed by more explorations around our nations capitol.

Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

Fr. Gaurav Shroff said...

Ah I suppose you were out there with Adam and his lovely wife? If it's the same Russian artist, his collection is awesome. Congratulations on the new purchases.

You're doing the Novus Ordo Latin Mass at St. Matt's tomorrow? I expect a full report! :)