Leonardo"s Notebook by Mattheus Mei

I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Obama Wins!

Obama won South Carolina with an incredible margin of victory. 55% versus the 27% and 19% garnered by Clinton and Edwards respectively.

Full coverage: CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, The NY Times, The State and from across the pond: The Times London.

A transcript of the victory speech is here. And below is the video.



Possibly one of the most important aspects about this victory, other than the continued incredible outpouring of democratic participation and for this campaign in particular is the broad level of support that transcends race, gender, creed, etc etc for Mr. Obama. The media has recognized it, it's going to be hard for the Clintons to label Mr. Obama "the black candidate." Exit polling has been fantastic in proving this.

Speaking of the NY Times, despite the editorial board's myopic decision to endorse Mrs. Clinton they've published the endorsement of Mr. Obama by none other than Ms. Caroline Kennedy, daughter of John F. Kennedy.

"I have never had a president who inspired me the way people tell me that my father inspired them. But for the first time, I believe I have found the man who could be that president — not just for me, but for a new generation of Americans." - Caroline Kennedy on Sen. Obama

I'm glad I voted early in this contest. Looks like that theme is catching elsewhere too, especially in Florida even though they've been stripped of their delegates.

Congratulations Senator Obama, you've run the race honourably in South Carolina, let's hope this invigors your campaign against the machine in the "Super Tuesday" elections.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: