Leonardo"s Notebook by Mattheus Mei

I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

The debate redux

I've not blogged or responded to the debates thus far. And tonight I was once again playing hostess of the mostest to some friends so even if I wanted to I wasn't able to. That being said, my reaction to this debate is much like Andrew Sullivan .

Sully's conclusion is very much in sync with my opinion (or vice vers):

All I can say is that, simply on terms of substance, clarity, empathy, style and authority, this has not just been an Obama victory. It has been a wipe-out.It has been about as big a wipe-out as I can remember in a presidential debate. It reminds me of the 1992 Clinton-Perot-Bush debate. I don't really see how the McCain campaign survives this.

Ultimately that's all I'm going to say, I could go into more detail but part of the reason I've not commented directly on the other debates is that you don't need my spin! I feel confident in the American people's ability to discern the information presented - I may live to regret that assumption but I wouldn't do it any other way.

Only 27 more days till the election.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: