Leonardo"s Notebook by Mattheus Mei

I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Fifty Nifty United States....

I was taking a nap this afternoon and woke up with a song stuck in my head. "Fifty, Nifty, United States.." from the thirteen original colonies... Argh. I couldn't get the song out of my head until I listened to it. And after I heard it I looked at the other versions of the song - which I sang for 5th grade chorus, and found the following.

After seeing this it reminded me of a sad reality about Americans and our young people's lack of understanding Geography. There was a report out a couple of years ago about it and Miss Teen South Carolina's performance last year about Americans and Geography was abysmal and underscored the reality of that ignorance despite her claim of not hearing the question.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: